Imagine, you have currently hosted your WordPress site on a Windows server. As your site grows with more traffic, you will be required to migrate your site to a Linux based server which not only gives great speed but also fixes the compatibility problems associated with certain plugins.
You hosted the site under an installation directory in Windows and you moved to root directory under the new Linux server.
You will most likely view the following error message
(1) Navigate to PhpMyAdmin by logging into CPanel or any other control panel provided by your hosting provider
(2) Select wp_options table
(3) Check out the value of siteurl option and modify with relevant correct URL
(4) Browse WordPress Admin panel and update the database if you are prompted to do so
(5) Login to the dashboard as admin.
Did you forgot the Password? Refer to my previous article:
(6) You should also checkout Settings | General page and make sure WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) fields display correct URLs.
If your site still doesn’t loads or displays a blank page then refresh the site theme by switching over to a new theme.