You can easily access emails using webmail system. cPanel provides three different type of webmail tools. However, you can configure email clients such as Microsoft Outlook so that you can download emails at regular intervals and read them either offline or store for future reference purposes.
Follow the steps given below to configure POP3 account using Outlook 2010
(1) Expand Account Settings button and select the option – Account Settings from the File | Info section
(2) Select New button from E-mail tab of Account Settings dialog
(3) Select E-mail Account option
(4) Select the option – Manually configure server settings or additional server types
(5) Select Internet E-mail
(6) Enter the required information as shown in the figure below. Please note that the domain used in the figure is for demonstration purposes only.
(7) Select More Settings button
(8) Select Outgoing Server tab and check mark the first option as shown below
(9) Select Advanced tab and provide following values for POP3 and SMTP
POP3 – 110
SMTP – 26
Close all open dialog and you should be able to send/receive e-mails from your local computer.
Even though the above steps are applicable only for Linux hosting provided by Arvixe with cPanel they are also equally applicable for all other hosting scenarios except the fact that you have double check the values of POP3 and SMTP.
Looking for quality web hosting? Look no further than Arvixe Web Hosting!