In this article I will give you a step-by-step guideo on how to configure group auto subscriptions for users in elggOverview
Schools, companies and small organizations use the groups plugin to communicate with each other. One of the limitations that elgg managers have is that either the user has to request to join a group or it has to be added manually, which takes time from group owners or elgg managers. The auto subscriptions plugin lets managers configure which groups a user will be added upon registration, saving time and resources.
1. Download the Autosubscribegroup community plugin for elgg
2. Sign into your elgg network with an Administrator Account, and open the Admin Dashboard.
3. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“, find the “Autosubscribegroup” plugin and activate it:
4. After activating the plugin, you need to set the groups that new users will be auto subscribed. Go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> Autosubscribegroup“:
5. Enter the ID of the groups that you want new users to be member of, and save your changes:
6. And that’s it! Group Auto Subscriptions have been enabled!
This concludes Group Auto Subscriptions for elgg