Aimy Sitemap will allow us generate an XML sitemap of your website for search engines and also may generate a HTML sitemap for your visitors. In this article I will explain how to generate an XML sitemap in Joomla.
- Download Aimy Sitemap Component
- Set different options, for example per URL priority and change frequency.
- Use exclude patterns to prevent the crawler from indexing content or use the robots.txt as it is evaluated as well.
- Disable single URLs.
- Notify search engines about your sitemap and changes to it directly from the backend.
- Integrated robots.txt editor.
- Sign into Joomla as an Administrator. Go to menu “Extensions -> Extension Manager”. Select the “Upload” tab and install the Aimy Sitemap Component for Joomla:
- After installing the plugin, go to menu “Components -> Aimy Sitemap”. In this section, you access to edit or create a sitemap. But first you need configure your sitemap, click on options:
- To begin the process, click on Start Crawling:
- When the process is finished, go to the bottom of the page and click on “Manage Your Sitemap Now!”
- Select the URL and click on “Write sitemap”:
- And that’s it! You have generated a sitemap xml in Joomla.
This concludes Generate an XML sitemap in Joomla.