The last game plugin for Elgg was released a long time ago, and hasn’t been updated to the latest Elgg version. Games are important in a social network because it makes users coming back to your site, and you want users coming back. For that reason, in this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to add games into Elgg.
Previous versions of elgg had at least ten games plugins. Each plugin offered a wide variety of plugins. Elgg 1.9/1.11 did not have a proper games plugin that users would enjoy. Fortunately one has been released and so far, it works pretty good.
1. Download Moneya Games plugin for elgg
2. Upload and install the plugin on your elgg network. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. Log into elgg as an Administrator to get access to the admin dashboard. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“, and look for the “Moneya Games” plugin and activate it:
4. Upon activation, the plugin will be active on your site. Go back to the activity page, and in the header menu you will find the “Games” link that will take you to a games gallery page:
5. And that’s it! Games has been installed on your network!
This concludes Games for elgg