Imagine you migrated your WordPress site from one server to another. Moreover, if you migrated the current site to a new domain then it will be difficult to even navigate to the home page. In this article, you will learn the steps who need to take care before and after migration.
(1) Download a backup of your old MySQL database in a folder on your hard drive
(2) Create a new MySQL database using CPanel and access PhpMyAdmin dashboard
(3) Import the database using the backup database. You should note that it will take some time to restore the database. If the size of the backup file is too large then it is advisable to make use of MySQL client software such as SQLYog.
(4) If you visit the site/blog, you will sometimes view an error. This is because the URL on the restored database and that of the site to which it is restored are different.
(5) In order to fix the above situation, login to Administration dashboard (wp-admin) using the admin username and password.
You can easily restore the password (if you forgot it) by running a script against your site/blog.
(6) Select Settings | General option and modify WordPress Address (URL) & Site Address (URL) appropriately. It should be preferably the same URL.
(7) Make sure to refresh the site theme by changing it from the Appearance | Themes page.
(8) Sometimes, WordPress will prompt you to upgrade database.
(9) If you had saved images in a separate folder then ZIP the folder from your old server and UNZIP it on the new site using CPanel File Manager.
Looking for quality WordPress HostingArvixe Web Hosting!