Feature tour allows creating page specific feature tours that introduce your site’s features to new users. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to add a feature tour in Elgg 1.9.
New users always need a guide on how to use a site. If the user doesn’t know where everything is located, he will stop using the site. Every major website uses a feature tour that explains all the features they offer.
1. Download the free community Feature tour for Elgg 1.9
2. Install the plugin. If you don’t know how to do that, read our guide on how to install plugins in elgg.
3. Sign into elgg as an Administrator. Open the Administration Dashboard, and go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“. Find “Tour 1.0” in the plugin’s list and activate it:
4. After activation. To configure click on “Administer -> Utilities -> Feature Tour“:
5. To add a new tour page, click on the button Add new tour page. In the configuration page, add the information to the homepage where the tour will begin:
6. After creating the initial page of the tour. You can add the path with other elements. Click on “Add new tour stop”. Add the “target element”, select the page you’ve created. Click on Save to saves changes.
And that’s it! You’ve created a tour for new users of your site Elgg.
This concludes Features Tour for elgg.