A support module is always beneficial for applications and websites because it lets users report problems with the website and also help make the site more interactive. Interactivity with users is a must nowadays, and that’s why, in this article, I will show you how to extend your elgg network with a FAQ and Support module in elgg.
1. Download the community plugin User Support for Elgg 1.8. This extension allows you to: Contextual Help: Write help text on the page where it applies, Support Tickets and FAQ.
2. Unzip the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg network. Then sign into your elgg site with the Administrator account and go to the Administration Dashboard.
3. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins”:
4. Activate the plugin “User Support 1.5”:
5. Now, let’s set up the plugin by going to menu “Configure -> Settings -> User Support”:
6. In this section you can edit plugin settings. Contextual Help shows a small text under certain elements of your elgg network. Also you can set to show a support button in any page, and even a support ticket-alike page where users can submit their problems and check how is being handle. Change the settings according to your elgg networks needs and Save them:
7. Run upgrade.php and you will see the FAQ and Support on your elgg site:
This concludes FAQ and Support module for Elgg.
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions, visit Arvixe Elgg Hosting!