AU Spotlight is a tool that helps you customize the footer of elgg. You can use the spotlight for many purposes, such as providing site information, context-sensitive help, announcements, etc. AU Spotlight can even let you show a customized footer for specific pages. In addition to that, it gives you the ability to show different footer content for logged-in and not-logged-in users. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to enhance the spotlight area in Elgg.
1. Download the community plugin “AU Spotlight for Elgg 1.8
2. Unzip the plugin in the mod folder of your Elgg installation. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. After unzipping the plugin, sign in to your Elgg network as an Administrator.
4. On the Admin Dashboard sidebar menu, go to menu “Configure > Plugins”:
5. Search for the plugin AU spotlight 1.8 and activate it:
6. For edit this plugin. Go to Menu “Settings -> AU spotlight“:
7. You can edit the footer as:
• All users
• Logged in users
• Specific contexts
8. And that’s it. If you need further assistance, please let us know.
This concludes Enhancing Spotlight in Elgg.