Elgg can be server intensive, depending of the users registered on your site. Optimization is fundamental to keep your network healthy and fast. In this article, I will show you how to use system cache and simple cache in elgg 1.8
1. Log into your elgg network with your administrator account.
2. After signing in, go to the Administration Dashboard:
3. Go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> Advanced Settings”:
4. Check Simple and System cache and uncheck “Enable Elgg’s Web Service API”:
5. Click Save. Now your elgg site will load faster. If you do any theme change or add a new plugin, it is recommended that you run upgrade.php so that you can clean up the simple and system cache.
This concludes Elgg Simple and System Cache