In previous articles, I wrote about how to install a plugin in elgg. This time I want to share a new tool that will help you search and install plugins right from the Elgg Administration Control Panel. In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to have a plugin installer in elgg 1.8
1. First you need to download Srokap Framework
2. Then download Srokap Plugin Installer
3. Upload and install both plugins in the mod folder of your elgg network. If you don’t know how to do this, read this article.
4. Sign into elgg as an Administrator and go to the Administration Dashboard. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins” activate the Srokap Framework:
6. Then, activate Srokap Plugin Installer. Make sure it is located below the framework:
7. The plugin installer will be located inside the Administration Dashboard, only visible to admins. It is located in menu “Configure -> Install New Plugins“:
8. You can search, and install new plugins right from your elgg network:
Elgg is moving forward. The plugin installer is a very important tool that will improve the script if it gets added to the core. I spent several days testing the plugin, and it didn’t affect performance nor bandwidth.
This concludes Elgg Plugin Installer