In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to integrate Disqus in Joomla. Comments are a key feature that all websites must have, Joomla comes with comments support out of the box, a simple solution that allows anyone to post a comment on your blogs. However, this is not enough now. Disqus is a standard comments solution for websites, publisher and bloggers. It helps your joomla site to connect with a larger discussion community and filter out spam and automated bot spammers.
- Download Disqus comments for Joomla.
- Sign into Joomla as an Administrator. Go to menu “Extensions -> Extension Manager”:
- Upload and install the plugin:
- After installing Disqus, you need to sign up for discuss. You can do it here.
- Go back to Joomla Administration, and go to menu “Extension -> Plugin Manager”:
- Click on “Disqus Comments for Joomla”:
- Enter the Disqus shortname that you got in step 4 and click on Save:
- And that’s it! Disqus comments have been enabled!
This concludes Disqus Comments for Joomla.