On previous articles I demonstrated how to preview links in Elgg. Things changed in newer versions, and the previous plugin no longer work. In this article I will give you step-by-step guide on how show URL previews in The Wire.Overview
Major social networks show a small preview of any link you share with your friends or the entire world. Elgg doesn’t have that ability out of the box, however you can integrate a small plugin that will display previews without increasing server load.
1. Download the The Wire Links Preview Advanced plugin from the elgg community:
2. After downloading it, upload and install it in the mod folder of your elgg network. If you don’t know how to do this, please read this article.
3. Log into elgg with your Admin account. Open the administrator dashboard. Go to the menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. Look for the “The Wire Links Preview Advanced 1.10” and activate it:
5. And that’s it! URL Previews in the wire will be available site wide!
This Concludes Display URL Previews in Elgg 2.0