Elgg offers now the ability to like content out of the box. It works pretty much like facebook likes, but using different code. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to display users’ liked content in elgg 1.8
1. Download the Liked Content plugin for Elgg 1.8 here.
2. Unzip the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg installation. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. Once you unzip the plugin, sign in to your Elgg network as an Administrator, and click on the Administration link located in the top bar menu to go to the Admin Dashboard:
4. On the Admin Dashboard sidebar menu, go to menu “Configure > Plugins”:
5. Search for the plugin Liked Content and activate it:
6. To see how works, go to profile and see the new option:
7. Click there and you will be able to see the content that the user liked:
This concludes How to display liked content in elgg 1.8