In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to delete or transfer users’ content in Elgg 1.8
Some users forget their passwords and instead of asking the admin to change it and assign a new one, they create a new account losing control previous content created by them. A solution was needed to remove the user and transfer the content to the new account created instead of recreating it.
1. Download and install Deleted Content plugin for elgg 1.8 If you don’t know how to do this process, please read this article.
2. Log into your elgg network as an administrator and open the administration dashboard. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
3. Look for the Deleted Content plugin and activate it:
4. Now you can transfer content. If a user request to delete his old profile but keep the information, go to menu “Administer -> Users“. Search for the old account and click on the profile owner menu. Select “Delete User“:
6. Select what you want to do with the content:
- Delete all content owned by this user
- Reassign the content to another user
If you reassign it, you need to select the new owner of the content. After that click submit to apply the changes:
7. And that’s it! User content has been transferred to another account.
This concludes Delete or Transfer users’ content in elgg
Looking for quality Elgg HostingArvixe Web Hosting!