Replacing the Default Elgg Title With an Image
Written by Rodolfo Hernandez Saturday, 4 December 2010
So, you installed Elgg and now you want to place an image instead of site name with letters. Well, here is a little guide that will explain how to replace letters for a good looking logo.
Ok, so our site name looks like this:
However, we want to change it with an image or custom logo. To do that we do the following:
1. Choose an image. Any image that you want.
2. Place that image in the folder “_graphics”, which is inside the Elgg folder.
3. Open the file header_contents.php
4. Look for this line in that file:
<h1><a href=”<?php echo $vars['url']; ?>”><?php echo $vars['config']->sitename; ?></a></h1>
5. Replace it with this one:
<a href=”<?php echo $vars['url']; ?>”><img src=”<?php echo $vars['url'];>_graphics/logo.gif” alt=”<?php echo $vars['config']->sitename; ?>” title=”<?php echo $vars['config']->sitename; ?>” /></a>
(Replace the “logo.gif” in that line with the name of your image or logo)
6. After making those changes, the image is going to be display, instead of the letters.
I hope you find this information helpful.
For more info about Elgg hosting solutions please visit Arvixe-Elgg Hosting