Have you ever wondered if you can run cron jobs on your ASP account?
Scheduled tasks are Windows version of the ‘cron job’, and executing a script via that method is probably the best equivalent that Windows has to performing cron duties properly.
If you want to schedule a task to run a script periodically. Well, you can do this using your website panel.
- From your control panel, go to Scheduled Tasks
- Click on Add Scheduled Task
- Type in your task name (whatever name you want) and next to Task Type: select Check Website Availability
- Check “Response status equal to 500″ option.
- URL: type in the URL for your script. Ex: http://MyDomain/MyScript/File.aspx
- Access Username: a valid email address on the domain.
- Access Password: the password of the email address.
- Mail from: same as Access Username.
- Mail to: the email address which will get the reports if any.
- Mail Subject: Type in your message subject.
- Mail Body: Optional.
- Schedule: Where you can set when and how frequent to run the task.
- Once done, Click on Save.
Looking for quality web hosting? Look no further than Arvixe Web Hosting!