Hello everyone! Today we are going to do a little bit more with Xenforo forum board software. It’s good stuff and has a lot of awesome customization that you can use to make your forums so much better. Today we are going to learn how to create new Link Forums. What are link forums you ask? Well these forums allow you to create a forum that links to a different page or a different website in its entirety.
So let’s get started. Go ahead and log into your Admin panel and you will see the following page:
As seen above you will click Applications and will be taken to the page shown below:
You will then click “Create New Link Form” and you will be taken to the following page:
So let’s go over everything in this:
- Title: This is the title of your link
- Description: What is this link for?
- URL: This is pretty basic put the url you want linked here.
- Parent Node: This allows you to place it where you want it. IE. Main Forums, News Forums etc.
- Display Order: The order it is displayed in the particular node.
- Display in Node List: This allows you to show your members or not.
So there you have it fill out the information like so:
After you finish imputing all of your information you can click submit. A drop down notification will tell you that it is saved and you will be taken to the following screen:
So let’s go to our main forum and see what it looks like there:
There you have it! You just created your first Link forum page!
If you have any questions please feel free to ask them away below!
Looking for quality web hosting? Look no further than Arvixe Web Hosting!