Google Maps allows you to display locations, search for places or get directions. If you run a Joomla site to promote your business or event, you will need to show your visitors where your business is located or the where the event is taking place. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to create and display maps in Joomla.
- Download the following Joomla extension: Zh GoogleMap.
- Also download the following Joomla Plugin: Zh GoogleMap for Articles.
- Log into Joomla as an Administrator:
- Go to menu “Extensions -> Extension Manager” and first install Zh GoogleMap and the Zh GoogleMap for Articles:
- Go to menu “Extensions -> Plugin Manager” and enable Zh GoogleMap Plugin:
- To create a map to insert in an article, first you need to create a map. Go to menu “Components -> Zh GoogleMap -> Maps”:
- Click on “New” to create a map. Then enter the title, description and move the red marker to set a location and save your map:
- Now, to insert your map on an article, create a new article. Use the following code:
- And that’s it! You added a new map!
This concludes Create and Display Maps in Joomla.
Looking for quality Joomla Web Hosting