Previous Contact page plugin sent email notifications instead of on-site notifications to the admin. It is a good alternative, although if we want to encourage the administrator to use the Elgg internal message notification, with such plugin won’t be possible. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to add a contact page in Elgg using the internal private message notification system.
1. Download the plugin “Elgg 1.8 Contact Us” here.
2. Unzip the plugin in the mod folder of your Elgg installation. If you don’t know how to do that, please read this article.
3. After unzipping the plugin, sign in to your Elgg network as an Administrator.
4. On the Admin Dashboard sidebar menu, go to menu “Configure > Plugins”:
5. Search for the plugin Contact Us 1.0 and activate it:
6. This plugin will display a link to the contact page in the footer area of your site:
7. The contact form is pretty straightforward. The user will enter a title and any comments he wants. The Administrator will receive the message. You don’t need to change anything, only the administrator or administrators will be able to read the feedback: