On a previous article I showed you how to properly install K2 under Joomla. This time I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to configure K2 for Joomla.
K2 is a set of tools that provide enhancements to the way you manage articles on your site. It helps you save management time and also provides better server performance.
- Log into Joomla as an Administrator.
- Click on the K2 icon:
- In the K2 Management page, click on Parameters:
- In here, change the JQuery library handling to local. This will increase rendering performance and the speed of your website:
- Still in the Parameters page, go to the images tab and change the quality to 90. This will also increase the speed of your site:
- If you want to put a twitter button on your site, we strongly recommend using the social part that K2 provides. Go to the Social Tab and enter your twitter username:
- Finally, on the Advance tab, set the google search integration to ‘Yes’:
- Save the changes. And that’s it! K2 is ready to use.
This concludes Configuring K2 for Joomla.