User passwords are sensitive, and since the OpenSSL Heartbleed bug appeared, users worldwide were required to change their password for security reasons. If you use Elgg with OpenSSL you will need to reset the passwords of all of your users. For that reason, in this article, I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to site-wide reset users’ passwords in Elgg
1. First, download Vroom
2. Download the community plugin Password Reset.
3. Install the plugins in the mod folder of your elgg installation. If you don’t know how to do this, please read this article.
4. Log into your elgg network as an administrator. Open the administration dashboard and then go to menu “Configure > plugins“:
6. Then go to menu “Administer -> Users > Password Reset”:
7. Now in this page you can select as many users you want, only one or all your users; click on submit to reset the passwords:
8. Affected users will receive an email notification with their new password. You can add a custom message letting them know why their passwords were changed.
This concludes Elgg Password Reset