Today we will show you how to change the default theme of your OpenCart. It is really simple!
Usually the default theme looks like:
Note: Make sure that the template you are trying to use is compatible with your OpenCart version or it will not work.
Warning: Always follow the golden rule and take a backup of your website before making any changes.
- First you will need to upload your theme via FTP or File Manager to the directory /Your_OpenCart_Directory/catalog/view/theme/
- Go to your File Manager >> /Your_OpenCart_Directory/catalog/view/theme/ then click on “Extract” to extract the file.
- Then click “Extract File(s)”
- Now log into your admin URL. www.YourDomain.com/admin
- Go to System >> Settings
- Click on Edit
- Click on the Store tab
- Select your new uploaded template
- You will get a message like the following:
That’s it. Enjoy your new theme. Here is mine:
Note: Some templates/themes have additional steps to do. Usually just simple/easy steps. A read me file should be included to walk you through the process.