Last Updated on Friday, 16 December 2011 02:11 Written by Craig Rorrer Friday, 31 December 2010 08:43
This article assumes you have developed an ASP.NET application that uses Forms Authentication that you wish to deploy on Arvixe. The process is quite simple and you will use tools that are available from the .NET framework and the Arvixe DotNetPanel.
- Log in to your DotNetPanel.
- From the menu, select Databases → SQL Server 2008.
- Click the Create User button.
- Enter a user name and password and click Save. In this demonstration, the user name is dotnetuser and the password is dotnetuserpass.
- Click the Create Database button.
- Enter a database name and grant access to the user you created above and click Save. In this demonstration the database is called DotNetAuthentication.
Last Updated on Sunday, 13 November 2011 11:03 Written by Rick Hubka Monday, 6 December 2010 01:51
September 17, 2010 Microsoft issued a Security Advisory
Vulnerability in ASP.NET
This not the first time, nor will it be the last time.
Who is responsible for the security of your Web Site?
MojoPortal has a lot of documentation on Securing MojoPortal. They also have documentation on How and Why You Should Generate a Custom Machine Key.
However, in this blog post I am going to walk you through making a Custom machine key in crystal clear detail with all the pictures included.
First make sure you are logged in as administrator and go to the Administration Menu. If your screen looks like this and Security Advisor says “Needs Attention!” click Learn More. If it does not, stop reading for now and you are done.
Last Updated on Saturday, 27 November 2010 10:22 Written by Rick Hubka Wednesday, 24 November 2010 04:47
Click on the link below to view a 4 minute video on this subject
I hope you found this video informative
Take Care and Happy Hosting
Last Updated on Saturday, 27 November 2010 10:25 Written by Rick Hubka Sunday, 21 November 2010 12:56
This is also relevant for other video and audio file types that do not work.
I use Camtasia Studio to create video tutorials, but when I uploaded my video to my Web Site the other day I got this error:
HTTP Error 404.3 – Not Found
“The page you are requesting cannot be served because of the extension configuration. If the page is a script, add a handler. If the file should be downloaded, add a MIME map.”
To fix this, we have 3 options.Learn More
Last Updated on Wednesday, 14 December 2011 09:45 Written by Shai Ben-Naphtali Tuesday, 17 November 2009 08:05
On the new version of WebSitePanel, you can easily do this through the control panel! Click HERE to find out how!
Say you work on your website on whatever language that may be, for this example, I’ll use ASP.
Then you encounter an error message, for this example, say the dreaded 500 – Internal server error (picture 1).
So you sit there thinking “Ok, thanks! That doesn’t give me a clue on what my problem is!”Learn More
- OpenCart Themes on OpenCart – Basics of Launching a Successful Business on the Web
- steam wallet hack on How to Enable Privacy for Comments in Elgg
- steam wallet hack on Customer Can Get a Complete Solution with Arvixe Web Hosting
- Martin on Creating a Multilingual CMSMS Site Using MleCMS Module
- Paul White on Arvixe ASP.NET Web Deployment (How-To Guide)