As of right now, elgg uses mysql full text search engine, which is slow and heavy. This type of search is not bad, but when you have several people searching at the same time it affects server performance. Google Search for elgg is quite good but relies on google rather than elgg. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to have a better search in elgg
1. First, download Advanced Search. To download it, you need to go here and click on “Download Zip”:article.
3. Sign into your Elgg network as an Administrator and on the top bar, click on the Administration link:
4. Go to menu “Configure > Plugins”:
5. Search for Search Advanced plugin and activate it:
8. After that run ‘upgrade.php’ If you don’t know how to do that, read this article
9. And that’s it! Elgg search has been improved:
This concludes Better Search in Elgg