Menu management has improved over the last couple of years of elgg. However, creating custom menus is a little bit difficult for beginners. In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to add a better menu management in elgg
Changing the arrangement of menus in elgg was painful for beginners. Elgg already comes with a very basic tool to add/remove items from the main navigation menu, however it is feeble solution for adding new elements to the menu. Sometimes you need to change the alignment of the menus to help users find newer features of your elgg site.
Benefits of Having a Better Menu Management Feature
- Lets you build your custom menu
- Manage Custom Menus
- Easily change any menu
- Better caching of menu configuration
- Set privacy access to any menu you want
1. Download the Menu Builder plugin for elgg
Note: Select the release compatible with your elgg network.
2. Upload & Install the plugin. If you do not know how to do this, please read this article.
3. Log into your site with the Administrator account, and open the Admin Dashboard.
4. Go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
6. To create a new menu, go to menu “Configure -> Appearance -> Menu Items“:
7. Now, click on the “Site Menu” to start managing menus:
8. To change the order of the menus, just drag and drop any item wherever you want. Every time you move a menu, it will automatically save the arrangement.
9. And that’s it! You now have a better way to rearrange any menu!
This Concludes Better Menu Management in Elgg