Elgg has a categories feature out of the box. It is very simple and it does not provide a user interface to browse the categories created within the site. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to improve categories in elgg
2. Log into your elgg network as an Administrator and activate HypeCategories:
3. Go to menu “Configure -> Settings -> HypeCategories“:
4. Select the types of content items that categories should be applied to. Select as many as you want. You can also apply group categories and show a category menu in all pages. Then save your changes:
5. Now, go to menu “Configure -> Site Wide Categories” to set the categories that users can set to content:
6. You can set as many categories as you want. The add category user interface is more friendly. To add a category just click on the ‘plus’ icon. To remove on, click on the ‘minus’ icon. After you are done adding categories, save your changes:
7. And that’s it! You will see a categories menu that users can easily browse and find!
This concludes better categories for elgg