Like many other key elements of popular websites, ocPortal Galleries are included as a core feature of the CMS. The Gallery in ocPortal supports both Images and Videos.
The Gallery system supports most popular image formats, and if your server supports transcoding, any image format can be converted. As well as the popular image formats, ocPortal also has support for a range of video formats too including ram, wmv, avi, mov & mp4 and again it can convert other types by using transcoding.
As well as uploading videos directly to your ocPortal website you can also link to a YouTube video to help you save on bandwidth and also save on duplication of videos online.
More Gallery options
As well as the above in ocPortal you can also:
- Allow your members to have their own personal gallery to show off their own Videos/Pictures
- Upload audio files such as podcasts
- Auto detect length and resolution of a multitude of video formats
- Upload your files and manage a full tree structure of galleries with support for unlimited sub- galleries and categories
- Automatically generate thumbnails for your content or upload your own images
- Import or export multiple images via a zip file
- Watermark your images to protect them from online theft
- Create slideshows of your images on your website
- Upload e-cards to your ocPortal website
- Easily syndicate content to Facebook
- Fill in Search engine optimisation information to help aid users to find your content through search engines
As you can see the core feature of galleries in ocPortal is a well-rounded part of the software and can be a really powerful tool. The benefit of utilising a built in gallery rather than having to rely on a third party plugin means all of the elements of the feature are coded to the same standards of code quality and security levels. It also means that when you come to change the style and design of your website you can change the gallery style and the main design of the website at the same time. Additionally, the gallery pulls many of the style elements from the main CSS file and not from a separate file which helps reduce duplication.
In part 2, I’ll go over managing and displaying your galleries on your ocPortal website.
Looking for quality ocPortal Web HostingArvixe Web Hosting!