Elgg comes with a search feature that lets you find content or users within your site. It is a very basic search and sometimes won’t return results. In this article I will give you a step-by-step guide on how to install an advanced search in ElggGetting Started
1. Download Search Advanced plugin from the elgg community:
2. Upload & Install the plugin in the mod folder of your elgg installation. If you do not know how to perform the plugin installation process, please read this article.
3. Sign into your elgg network using the Administrator account. Open the Admin Dashboard and go to menu “Configure -> Plugins“:
4. Find the “Search Advanced 2.0” plugin and activate it:
5. Now, go to menu “Configure -> Plugins -> Settings -> Search Advanced” to configure the plugin.
Set “How to display search types” to “Dropdown”.
Set “Combine search results” to “Combine All”.
And finally, set “Search Advanced should control the search results” to “Yes”.
6.And that’s it! Advanced Search is now up and running!