In the previous article, we have learned the basic steps to install Umbraco. By default, Umbraco adds few pages depending upon the starter kit. However, you can add extra pages with content types from within the admin dashboard
(1) Navigate to administrator login page (http://www.YOURDOMAIN/umbraco/umbraco.aspx) and login using username and password provided by you at the time of installation. You will view a web page like as shown below
(2) Right click the Personal Site node and select Create. The following dialog will be displayed
(3) Provide a name and select a document type
(4) You will view a window where you provide the required content along with images. You should also provide tags separated by commas.
(5) If you wish not to accept any comments for this post then you should check mark Close comments value from the options window
(6) You should provide a date when the post will be published from the Properties panel.
You can also remove a post after a specific period of time by providing the date in the Remove at option field.
(7) Finally, select Save button from the toolbar. The post will be saved as a draft. The post will be published only upon selecting Save and Publish button.