Adding a New Admin to your phpFox Site via phpmyadmin
Written by Stephanie Brown Saturday, 15 September 2012
This article will focus on how to create a new admin on your phpFox website after you have accidently deleted your admin account.
Accidently deleting your admin account is a common issue that I have seen made many times. Creating a new admin account is easy, if you follow the steps below.
1. Create a new member account on your website, or login to an existing account that you want to make the Admin.
2. Login to cPanel and go to phpmyadmin.
3. Select the database that you set up for your website.
4. In the list of tables on the left, select the phpfox_user table.
5. You should see a list of users in the right section of the screen, scroll down to the user you would like to make Admin, and click the pencil/edit icon to edit this user.
6. The field you want to edit is the user_group_id field. change the Value to 1 (1 is the default user_group_id for the Administrator group unless you have changed your Admin group to something else.)
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click GO.
8. Login to your website as the new Admin user, and you should now have access to the AdminCP.