An internet Forum is a discussion area on a website. Forums are a good way to keep your website interactive and interesting for regular visitors, since will allow them to share ideas or meet with other people. In this article I will show you how to add a forum in Joomla.
- Download Kunena Extension and Kunena Discussion Plugin. This is one of the most popular and reliable forum plugins for Joomla. Extension available for Joomla 2.5 and Joomla 3.
- Log into Joomla as an Administrator. Go to menu “Extensions -> Extension Manager”:
- Upload and install the plugin and the extension:
- Go to menu “Extensions -> Plugin Manager” and enable Kunena Plugin:
- Finally create the Forum page. Go to menu “Menus -> Kunena Menu -> Add New Menu Item”:
- In the Kunena New Menu Item Page, select a Menu Item Type. Select “Homepage”:
- Add a title and also the position for the new menu and save your changes:
- And that’s it! You will see the link to where you can see your new forum:
This concludes Adding a Forum in Joomla.