The module Providers in IIS Manager offers an interface that allows you to easily use several different .net role providers that can be used in your ASP.NET applications. In this article I will give you a step by step guide on how to add .net roles using the IIS Manager instead of modifying the web.config file of your application.
1. Open IIS Manager and connect to your site:
2. After connecting to your site, go to module “Providers“:
3. Select a one of the .Net Features:
- .NET Roles
- .NET Users
- .NET Profile
For the purposes of this example, we will add a new .Net Role:
4. Go to the Actions tab, and click on Add to set new role provider:
5. Now, select a provider type from the drop-down list, enter the name of the role in the Name textbox, set the connection string name that is used to connect to the application database and then click Ok:
And that’s it! A new role will be added to your application.
Roles lets you manage access rules for groups of users, and adding them using the IIS manager is better than any other alternative.
More information: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc730621%28v=ws.10%29.aspx
This concludes ASP.Net Role Providers in IIS Manager
Looking for quality ASP Web HostingArvixe Web Hosting